Friday, January 16, 2009

I AM A JERK!! No really....I am!

Wednesday was a rough day. I worked Tuesday night so I was running on very little sleep and when kids are fighting, yelling, whining, etc., I can't deal with it. My poor Jordan still has a horrible habit of throwing these fits that include throwing himself on the floor with a blood curdling scream in attempt to get what he wants. I hate it!! You have to understand he was my baby for 5 years and I ruined him. Plus, I have a little soft spot for him because he has Diabetes. Ugh! Back to my point.....Jordan came home from school and kept throwing these little fits and I was tired so I kept putting him on his bed for a time-out. The worst part of it was he would beg me to not make him go on his bed. I am a push-over so he knows that sometimes he can convince me to spare him his time-out. Well, not when I haven't slept much. So, after 7 times of being in trouble, I sent him to his bed for twice the minutes and after dinner he was to go to bed for the night. I could tell it broke his heart but I didn't care. I was to tired to deal with him anymore. After his time out, he brought me a note with a little picture on it. He cried and told me he was sorry. I loved on him but I had to stick to my guns and make him go to bed early. He gave me his note and went downstairs to play. I opened the note and about died. This is what it said: I am sory mom. I am sory for criing and I will do what you say. And here is the little picture that he drew....




It was a bad day!!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

ONE IS ALL IT TOOK! I still can't believe how well it worked, Ali slept till 8:00 this morning! (She usually sleeps longer in the morning, but I don't care- I'm up early anyway!) Good luck, Ali is ALWAYS doing things like that to me.

Olivia Singleton said...

From the mouth of someone who has no kids (don't you love getting advice from people like me?)... Sometimes tough love is just necessary. Don't worry. Jordan won't be scarred for life, and no one thinks you're a jerk for sticking to your guns.

P.S.>> I looovve you!

Nik said...

You are WAY too hard on yourself. Being a mom is HARD and we all just do the best we can. You did a great job! And oh what a sweet little boy. He's fixing his wrong - but it still breaks the mommy's heart. :)

Schramm Family said...

Im glad Im not the only mom that has bad days!! Hang in there.

Tys said...

well i guest that was a bad day for all of us in the house, i was there.

Tys said...

i don't think you are a jerk he did through a big fit i would have done the same thing if i were in your place.